How do I generate an ePub file?
Providing a ePub file significantly increases the total addressable reader base for your book and offers a much better reading experience for readers using e-reading devices like Kindle, Kobo, Nook, etc...
Unless your book has heavy graphics (ex. picture books, graphic novels), we highly recommend providing an ePub. Over 90% of the books on BookSirens allow readers to download an ePub format.
Following are four ways to get an ePub file, from best to worst:
- If your publisher handles these things for you, simply ask your publisher to provide you an ePub file.
- Read this on the best ways to generate an ePub from a Word document.
- If you use professional book formatting software (ex. Vellum), they will most certainly have a built-in feature to generate an ePub file. For Vellum, see this. We recommend Generic ePub.
- Provide us with a Mobi and we can try to generate an ePub from that. Read our FAQ on generating a Mobi if you don't have one already.
- Hire a book formatter on a site like Fiverr to make a nicely formatted ePub for you. Find someone with good customer ratings; they are more affordable than you might think.
Tip: Do not attempt to generate a ePub from a PDF. It almost never works.